AMAZON TRAILS PERÚ - MANU NATIONAL PARK
Welcome to the ORIGINAL AMAZON TRAILS PERÚ. Founded in 2004.
We specialize in trips to the untouched rainforests o f Manu National Park with its wide variety of undisturbed wildlife including exotic mammals, birds, reptiles, insects and rich jungle vegetation.
UPDATE: As of January 2009, Abraham Felix Huaman Leon, who started the company with his former partner, is now the SOLE Peruvian owner and operator of AMAZON TRAILS PERÚ - www.amazontrailsperu.net (not to be confused with amazontrailsperu.com, which is now a separate organization)
MANU NATIONAL PARK
The Manu National Park was created in 1973 and established a Biosphere reserve in 1977. In 1987 it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, due to the world´s highest biodiversity in Manu. It is one of the largest and most important conservation units of the world protecting an entire virgin watershed, covering altitudinal ranges from 200m to 4100m above sea level.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
Abraham has over 25 years guiding experience with an extremely wide knowledge of the fauna and flora of the Manu region, having worked with teams from National Geographic and BBC and Is featured in a Discovery Channel documentary Spirits of the Rainforest. He was born in the Andes and raised in the Amazon making him a rainforest expert . Fully bilingual in English and Spanish, Abraham is an experienced tour operator who believes in promoting ecologically and socially sustainable tourism. His interests are in preserving the rainforests, educating people on biodiversity and promoting local Peruvian employment.
WHAT WE OFFER
Amazon Trails Perú offers an exciting variety of Amazon adventures catering to individual and group requirements, for curious travelers, both young and old, eager to experience the full Manu Amazon experience.
Our Amazon trips are varied and include:
THE AMAZING AMAZON EXPERIENCE (OUR MOST POPULAR TRIP) a 4 or 7 day adventure, catering to intrepid travellers wanting to explore rich jungle trails, rivers and lakes, with opportunities to see:
- Multi coloured squawking macaws feasting at the clay lick at dawn
- 13 species of monkeys swinging from tree to tree
- Shy tapirs gorging at the clay lick pool from our observation platform
- Giant river otters swimming in the natural lakes from the floating catamaran
- Variety of caimans along the river bank during night boat trips
- Hairy tarantulas and other insects in the jungle during the night walks
- Many diverse bird varieties such as hummingbirds, toucans, parakeets, tanagers , vultures, eagles, flycatchers, hoatzin, cock of the rocks to name just a few.
- Many species of flora:
- Trees (giant fig, iron wood, brazil nut, mahogony, palm, fruit)
- Flowers (orchids, heliconia, bromiliads)
- Plants (medicinal, cats claw)
We also have the opportunity to see the majestic jaguar and capybaras - the world’s largest rodent.
NOTE: Trips can be customized to suit specific needs including travelling with children.
THE UNIQUE BIRDWATCHING EXPERIENCE, a customized trip from 3 to 15 days, catering to beginners as well as experienced bird watchers enthusiasts with opportunities to observe some of the 1,000 varieties of birds, including:
- River: Macaws, herons, kingfishers
- Forest: ant birds, tanagers, bamboo specialists, cock of the rock, trumpeters
- Andes and Cloud Forests: teals, ducks, wrens, hummingbirds, bamboo specialists.
- Birds of Prey, eagles, hawks, kites, condors
- And many more…
THE AMAZON PHOTOGRAFHIC EXPERIENCE, a customized trip from 3 to 15 days catering to photographic enthusiasts, eager to capture unique the wildlife in its natural habitat in the Manu region digitally, video or on film. This trip includes trail walking and river expeditions, boat, observation platforms and towers, with opportunities to photograph by day or by night.
We also offer Trekking Trips to Machupicchu and several alternative Andes Mountain treks are available too. For details see "Trekking in Cusco".
WHO ARE OUR CLIENTS
Our clients include curious, adventurous travelers from North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. We welcome those of all ages and levels of fitness.
WHEN WE OPERATE
Tours departs from Cusco to the Manu National Park/the Manu Biosphere several times a month throughout the year.
A minimum of two people guarantees the Manu Biosphere Reserve and other programs. We require a minimum of four people for the Manu National Park trip